Guardian Chimney Sweeps is the trusted place to call for annual chimney inspections in Conroe TX. We have focused on providing Conroe homeowners with prompt, reliable chimney services and unbeatable customer service for 20+ years.
Annual Chimney Inspections are Recommended
Every year, thousands of fires occur because of creosote buildup in chimneys as well as other obstructions. Life-threatening hazards also occur if a chimney flue has undergone deterioration of any kind, but it can be impossible to spot flue damage without special equipment. The leading experts in fire safety agree that all chimneys in Conroe TX and elsewhere should be inspected annually. Two of the top safety organizations associated with chimney safety are the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
The NFPA makes it clear, in their safety standards, that annual fireplace, vent, and chimney inspections are important to ensure that they are sound and free of deposits and obstructions. Even if a chimney in Conroe is not used, many different types of deterioration could occur, making the chimney a hazard. For example, there could be birds’ nests in the chimney causing a dangerous obstruction. The presence of the nests is proof that animal waste is in the venting system and could result in hazardous exposure to potential disease. CSIA is the organization that provides standards for the three levels of chimney inspections, and descriptions of each follow.
Level 1 Chimney Inspection in Conroe TX
A Level 1 chimney inspection is a minimum requirement. When is a Level 1 type of chimney inspection recommended?
The most basic chimney inspection is appropriate in the following conditions:
- If there has been no change in your venting system or appliance and you plan to use the heating system as you have previously.
- If the chimney is maintained with ongoing chimney services.
- If the chimney is being used with the same appliance.
What can Conroe TX homeowners expect with a Level 1 chimney inspection? During a Level 1 inspection, readily accessible parts of the chimney interior and exterior will be examined. In addition, accessible parts of the appliance and chimney connection will be inspected.
What an expert technician is looking for includes:
- The condition of the flue and the chimney structure
- Basic appliance installation
- The condition of connections
- The presence of creosote, which is a highly flammable deposit in chimney flues left behind from wood fires
- Any obstructions in the venting system
Level 2 Chimney Inspection in Conroe TX
If changes have been made to your solid fuel heating system, a Level 2 inspection is required. A change may mean that the appliance’s fuel type has been switched to a different type, a new flue lining has been installed, or there could be an addition or replacement of an appliance with a dissimilar type, efficiency rating, or input rating.
Other occasions in which a Level 2 chimney inspection is required include:
- Upon the sale or transfer of the property
- After an external event or malfunction of operation that is likely to have resulted in chimney damage
- There has been an event such as a chimney fire, building fire, seismic activity, or destructive weather conditions
- Video scanning or other means necessary to examine flue liners and all internal joints and surfaces within the chimney is needed
- No destruction or removal of permanent portions of the building or chimney structure or finish is required during Level 2 chimney inspections
- Everything in a Level 1 inspection is included in a Level 2 inspection.
Level 3 Chimney Inspection Conroe TX
If a special tool or access to concealed portions of the flue or chimney is necessary, a Level 3 chimney inspection is recommended. What expert chimney sweeps in Conroe TX are addressing is the condition and proper construction of concealed areas of the flue and chimney structure. During a Level 3 inspection, the necessary destruction or removal of permanently attached portions of the building structure or chimney is required. Everything performed in a Level 1 and Level 2 chimney inspection is included, as well.
Chimney inspections help to keep Conroe TX homeowners safe. Guardian Chimney Sweeps has certified chimney sweeps with the training and experience to get the chimney repair done correctly and give you peace of mind.